MSCR Adult Softball serves men and women, 16 years and older, with leagues that run from early May to early August. Games are played at the Warner, Olbrich, Goodman, Bowman, and Elver Park complexes throughout the city.
Individually organized teams may participate in Men's Fast or Slow Pitch, Women's Fast or Slow Pitch, and/or Coed Slow Pitch. Rosters must be composed of at least 12 players, up to 50% of who may be non-residents of the Madison Metropolitan School District. Coed teams are further required to have a a minimum of 6 men and 6 women.
Men's and Women's leagues generally have six teams per league. Coed leagues generally have six or eight teams. All games in a given league are scheduled on the same night each week. Men’s and Women’s leagues are offered on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evenings. Coed leagues play on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday evenings.
Teams play a modified, double round robin schedule, totaling ten games, with first round winners playing second round winners for league championships. Each member of the championship team will receive a commemorative league champion t-shirt.
Players may play on only one team per night, but may play all five weeknights. Nearly 6,000 players participate on 400 teams in MSCR’s flagship program!
Fees are outlined in the team application information. Game balls, scorecards, diamond fees to the city, lights, and umpire(s) are included in the team’s total registration fee. The bases are also supplied, but gloves and bats are each team's responsibility. Uniforms are optional. Scores and standings are posted daily on mscrsportsleagues.org.
DIFFERENCES IN FALL SOFTBALL, COMPARED TO MSCR SUMMER SOFTBALL
- Registration is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE – fall softball has limited enrollment.
- Rain-outs are made up at the end of the season, on your regular playing night.
- A 15 run, “mercy” rule, after 5 innings, will be invoked in all games.
- When you register, teams will select their night of play, and diamond location for all games. You will receive your game balls and scorecards at your first game.
- Only one umpire will be assigned, per game.
- Teams pay a flat team fee, there are no individual player fees.